Care Overseas is a dental tourism consulting firm based in San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica. It was born from noticing a need for quality dental care and the fact that such care commands a rather steep price in most developed countries. We are not alone in this realization, as hundreds, if not thousands of people from around the world already travel to countries like Costa Rica to seek quality medical attention with the benefit of lower rates than in their home countries. This, however, can be a chancy proposition for many, as being unfamiliar with the country of destination carries with it many variables considered before embarking on any trip.
Care Overseas seeks to take care of exactly that need, the customized planning of the entire trip with personalized care and absolute transparency. Our mission is to take care of you from the moment you first contact us up until you are safely back home, having received the utmost quality professional dental care at the best rates in the market while traveling in comfort and safety.
We created Care Overseas because we believe that we can make a difference on people’s lives when high quality dental services meets great customer service at an affordable price.
We understand the difficulties of being a foreign patient in a foreign country, from searching the best dentists in Costa Rica to planning where to stay and what to do, moving around, and even trying to communicate in another language that’s not your own.
Care Overseas will be your guiding hand and confidant, every step of the way.
International Dental Care Panorama
United States Facts
- In the United States, dental treatments like dental implants are quite expensive and inaccessible to most Americans.
- According to Oral Health America via a report from the Center for Medicare Advocacy, nearly 70% of older Americans don’t have any form of dental coverage.
- In 2015, the Associated Press reported that the cost of dental care in America increases at a rate of 5% annually.
- Another study by HealthPocket showed that 89% of traditional health insurance exclude adult dental services, such as cosmetic dentistry procedures, from their policies.
- The U.S Department of Health and Human Services has stated that in the U.S., about 108 million people have no dental insurance.
- Not only Americans have trouble getting affordable dental care services, in Canada, general oral health care is not included in the Canada Health Act (CHA), which is why some Canadians opt for private oral health care and pay for the services through their insurance, if and when it covers it, or out of pocket.
- But 28% of Canadians skip the dentist’s office because they simply couldn’t pay for it.
- The two most important determinants of dental care utilization in Canada are income and dental insurance.
- 32% of Canadians don’t have dental insurance, 53% of them are between the ages of 60 and 79 and 50% of them are Canadians in the lower-income bracket.
- 1 in 6 Canadians have difficulty getting oral health care due to it’s elevated costs and lack of dental insurance.
- Approximately one in six Canadians has difficulty getting oral health care because they can’t afford the cost or because they don’t have dental insurance.
This is why American and Canadian patients have had to resort to seeking dental care services overseas.
Overseas Dental Work
At Care Overseas, we take your health seriously and we know how hard it is to figure out which doctor to choose, where to stay, what to eat and who to contact when planning a medical trip.
When you seek dental solutions overseas, this could be overwhelming. If planning a trip is hard, planning a dental care trip is harder.
The hardest part is probably finding and verifying board certified and international trained dentists and knowing which dentists will actually give you the same results your would get back home.
In order for dentists to be able to offer the same results, they need to be specialists and use the same quality materials, equipment and tools a dentist in America, Canada or the UK would use.
We understand how hard it can be finding quality care without compromising your budget; but we also understand that finding the right dentist is not the only thing needed for a dental vacation trip. You need to find a nice hotel that’s near the dental clinic you choose, but you also need to make sure it’s in a safe, nice neighborhood.
And, if it’s hard and time consuming to plan a regular vacation trip, we know it’s harder to plan a trip that involves a dental procedure, which is why, at Care Overseas, we do the heavy lifting for you.
We already have done the work for you, and you can rest assured that you will receive the same high quality dental services that you would receive in United States, Canada or the UK, but for a fraction of the price.
We have carefully chosen the best dentists, hotels, transportation, tours, and activities in Costa Rica so you don’t have to go through the process of researching, investigating, and comparing.
We will create a custom dental vacation package that includes:
- Appointment booking with the dentist of your choice.
- Nearby hotel and lodging accommodations to the dental clinic of your choice.
- Transportation to and from the airport and to and from the hotel to the dentist appointments.
- Booking tours and activities for your down time.
Best Dentists in Costa Rica
We have researched and verified the best dentists in costa rica for you.
We are not a dental directory, we don’t feature dentists because they pay us, we feature and recommend them because these are the dentists we ourselves would go to for dental care.
The dentists you will find in our website don’t pay us a monthly fee to appear on our site.
All of the dentists and dental clinics we recommend have to comply with a list of requirements before even being considered for recommendation.
We recommend dentists solely on their quality and their experience treating american patients
The list of requirements is what we have identified as necessary to offer dental treatments with international quality standards.
From the facilities to the dentist’s educations, these are the items we evaluate:
All the dental clinics we recommend are located in strategic locations.
They are situated in the safest most modern towns in Costa Rica.
All of our dental clinics are walking-distance from restaurants, coffee shops, hotels and major means of transportation.
Instruments & Materials
All the clinics we recommend on Care Overseas use the highest quality and ADA approved instruments and materials, which include:
- Restorative materials
- Prosthodontic materials
- Infection control
- Oral hygiene products
The dental clinics we recommend all have the latest technology, from equipment to materials, we’ve made sure the tools, materials, equipment and products used to care for your dental health in Costa Rica are top notch.
What you can find in the dental clinics we recommend:
- Digital Cat Scans and X-Rays
- This type of imaging improves your diagnosis due to its precise resolution, plus you will be able to keep all digital imaging for your records.
- Digital radiographs are safer due to the lower dosage of radiation a patient is exposed to.
- Digital 3D Imaging and Design Equipment (CAD/CAM)
- Three dimensional imaging helps the dentists diagnose your oral conditions on more complex cases and can show you how your dentition will look after completion of procedures.
- With three dimensional imaging, dentists can see the whole anatomic picture of your jaw, including bone availability and tissue health around the teeth.
- Dentists can plan and assess your dental plan more precisely and faster now than ever before, making your visit to our dental clinics, comfortable and efficient.
- This type of equipment will also help with the fabrication of prosthetic devices, implants, teeth replacement, etc.
- Digital 3D Images are also safer due to the reduced exposure to radiation.
All of the clinics we recommend comply with the highest standards of cleanliness and sterilization techniques for all their equipment, materials, products and tools used during their practice.
The facilities of the clinics we recommend are the most modern and technological ones in the country. They are big, having several consultation rooms per facility, all of them with an in-house lab and with the most modern furniture and equipment to make your visit as comfortable as possible.
We make sure that the clinics have enough trained personnel in their clinics to be able to offer the high quality and great service that you’re used to back home.
We make sure that all the clinics we recommend have a fully bilingual staff with plenty of experience tending to international patients.
All of the doctors of the clinics we recommend are licensed specialists whom have either studied in American universities or are active members of American dentistry boards.
As we mentioned before, it is of the utmost importance for us that both the doctors and clinic staff we recommend to you have plenty of experience with international patients such as yourself.
ADA Compliant Products & Materials
We have personally visited all dental clinics we recommend in order to assess and evaluate them.
We recommend dentists that offer such high quality treatments, services and technology that can give you the same services you would receive in the United States, but at a more affordable price.
We are patients, we are not dentists, we have been where you are: reading a bunch of internet reviews that may or may not be real and researching among several dental clinics and dentists trying to figure out which one will be able to provide with the best dental care at the lowest prices.
As patients, we want you to have the best experience possible. Which is why we actually do send several quotes from the best dentists in Costa Rica, whom we can vouch for their excellent work.
At the end, you have the final decision about which dentist you want to be treated with. We just want to help you filter out the good from the great by giving you as much information as possible about the dentists.
Care Overseas Rates
We do not accept payments for advertising or sponsorships on our websites.
We don’t charge you for our work, our services are 100% free, and our recommended dentists will charge you the same price as if you were contacting them directly.
Because of the alliances we have with the dentists we recommend, we can guarantee that the prices you will receive at the dental clinics are exactly the same as if you contacted them directly.
At Care Overseas, we actually do care, and we know you do too, which is why you will not only get a recommendation, you will get your whole dental trip planned out for you.
From appointments with the dentists to hotel reservations, transportation and even restaurant and tour recommendations.
What better way than have this all planned out by our very own dental travel experts?
Contact one of our experts today and get your own custom dental vacation trip quote, or contact us if you have any further questions on how we can help make your dream smile come true.